Tuesday, October 21, 2008

INDIANA TO CONSIDER LEGISLATION

Every one knows that I write the Indiana legislators consistently. I have spoken with Senator Patricia Miller. If she and Bob Cherry are re-elected this year, they will present legislation. What concerns me is that they will present legislation that denies some adoptees their original birth certificate based on their natural parent preferences. We as adoptees, mothers and adoptive parents must put a stop to that.

I am pretty sure that they are looking at it as way of stemming the abortion issue. I sent them the statistics that show that adoptee access does not cause more abortions. Adoptee access actually increases more adoptions as seen in Oregon.

So lets write them and let them know we want unfettered access to our original birth certificates.

No comments: