Sunday, October 14, 2007

Triggering Kind of Night

Its always hard for me to attend these rodeo events out here. I never know what kind of rumor or fight is gonna break out. I never know from what direction they are going to attack me, my children or my husband.

They have already found out that I will absolutely not allow my children to be attacked or beaten up. I will take it to the owners, no matter what. I don't care. If they don't like it, screw them. It is my job as a parent to protect my children. I am also the same way with my husband. I love my husband with all my heart. I have no doubt in my mind that he is the most perfect man for me. I also know that he is one of the best cowboys out here.

Last night one of the cowboys made a comment that sent my husband reeling. They called him a worthless piece of shit cowboy. Now I live with that daily. I hear it from my other blog. The "you should be grateful that your natural mother didn't abort you or throw you in a dumpster" or "your adoptive parents are so ashamed of you" are said behind my back, on my blog, and in my travels in the adoption underground. If it weren't for these people and my family, I would not have made it. I would have ended it long ago. I don't get near as down on myself as I used to. First, let me explain. Abortion was not an option for me. I bet that my own natural mother wanted my natural father to marry her. I have no doubt that she loved him. That was the only reason why she went the route that she chose.

So at this point my husband is very upset and hurt. He is trying to get this idiot to talk to him. The other jerks kept interfering. They were blaming my hubby. They were in his face about it. It made me mad because they were invalidating him.

Invalidation is what irks me about adoption right now. The industry itself has spent a lifetime and beyond invalidating adoptees and natural parents. I mean to stop dead in its tracks.

No comments: