Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Plans

So many things have changed for me. It seems like that things change on a dime. I have now moved to Houston where things are much different for me. It was two months ago that I was forced back home to my sister's home in Austin. I had to take time to recover from surgery.

I had tried it my way for over a year. It did not work. I had to follow God's plan. So here I am. I have a job working for a cable contracting company as an administrative assistant. I have been admitted into Houston Community College as a nursing student. Yep this kid is heading back to college. I see an opportunity and I am going to run with it. I am going to take it as far as I can. I am getting a full ride with school, much in part to my military background. Texas is kind enough to offer the Hazelwood Act to its veterans. I also qualify for the Pell Grant along with other potential programs as well. I might actually make it. I might finally be getting my feet planted solidly on the ground.

Things are most definitely looking up.

No comments: