Friday, December 21, 2007

LIFE IS ALWAYS CHANGING

I am going to be away from my computer for a few days. I had a serious of heart breaking calls yesterday. My mother went to the hospital yesterday complaining of chest pains and numbness in her left arm. She got to the hospital and suddenly couldn't breath. They were trying to give her asthma medications. She was very upset and fighting them. They finally told her to either calm down and let the medication work or they would sedate her. She said do what you have to. They sedated her and intubated her. She is now in ICU. We have since discovered that she had both a severe asthma attack and heart attack. No one knows which was first. She will be sedated all day long today. There was talk of removing the tube today but things haven't moved that fast. It looks like it will be for the rest of today and tomorrow it will be removed. I will be gone for a week or so. I will know more and will update folks on both Soul of Adoption and Adult Adoptees later today. I will be traveling down to the Austin area later today. Say a prayer for my adoptive mom. God knows how much I love her.

1 comment:

Ungrateful Little Bastard said...

Oh Amy I'm so sorry! You and your mom are in my thoughts.